Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 4 hours ( in slow cooker / crock pot )
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 200g of MyTSIRO dried bambara beans
- 2 pounds pork shoulder, cut into 6 large chunks
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- A half clove of garlic mashed
- Black Pepper or Madagascar Wild Pepper
- The day before: Soak the dried bambara beans in 4 volumes of water overnight and drain before use.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the meat in the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, brown the onions and garlic. Add oil if necessary. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the drained bambara beans to the slow cooker and add two cups of water.
- Cover and cook until the meat is fork tender, about 4 hours with the cooker set to high or 6 hours with the cooker set to low ( duration may vary depending on your cooker) . Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
Serve with white rice and fresh grated carrot salad.